Sunday 13 May 2012

Year of projects - 13.05.12

I am not ready for the weekend to be over yet....I demand another day!

Well, it is Sunday again and I am updating my progress with the Year of Projects work.

I am still plodding along with my colour affection that I started last week.....simple pattern, kept interesting with the change of yarns....although as it turns out my first two yarns are quite close in colour, and aren't as obvious as I hoped....but subtle will do me just fine.



Inside the colours were not really showing well, and are probably more green than shown here.





I took it outside, but this didn't really do it justice either.....I guess I would describe the paler ball to be peacock-y if there ever was such a word! 

The grey somehow blends in rather than contrasts, but I think when  the whole thing is blocked it will be just right.  I am half way through the first section I would say....so plenty more to go!


We've been out soaking up the glorious sunshine today in some woods a few miles away.  The new beech leaves were fresh zingy green against the blue sky........



Space to run, sunshine, warmth.....sticks to fight with, water to splash in.........leaves to kick up, places to hide........peace.....



We did see this merry band of tree-folk, but apart from that it was the woods to ourselves......


To see other Year of Projects progress, check out the ravelry page here.


19 comments:

  1. Love that merry band of Tree Folk! And your yarn is so pretty and shiny! Love it! Happy Mother's Day (over here anyway) to a wonderful mother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colour affliction looks great, I like it with the subtle difference in colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the picture of the tall trees and the little people!! Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your project is coming on lovely and it looks complicate to a neby knitter like me!
    loving the pictures in the woods. I hope the sun stays with us for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your knitting is so nice. I'm not that good yet which means I need to get back at it so I get good eventually. I tend to revert back to crochet which I'm better at.
    Those little munchkins in the woods are cute!
    I love your yarn colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Faith!...I love the colours in your new project and the subtle changes are really pretty. I find too that quite often when I start to knit with some shades they don't have as much contrast as I had expected...it can be quite surprising and sometimes more than a bit frustrating!
    Your photograph of the woods is beautiful and such a lovely pic of your gorgeous boys having fun!
    Hope you have a happy week,
    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that last picture!
    Your shawl is going to be so pretty, those yarns are gorgeous together, just the right amount of contrast I think.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those beech trees are beautiful! Such a fab photo. I've just found your blog through Jooles at Sew Sweet Violet. Nice to meet you!! Going to read a few other posts now - am sure I noticed one with cookies on just now :-)

    Nicki x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing like a beech wood in the spring ... positively fizzing with green. The shawl is looking lovely :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh I love the colours in your yarn- Im sure peacocky is a word too - Id use it!! Its so funny to see all your green, our leaves are shades of brown, red and yellow right now (actually no matter the colour they are soggy because its very wet here today!). Janette xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always want an extra day on my weekend, lol. I love your colour affection! The yarn is gorgeous. The woods look fantastic with the sunlight and the new leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think peacock-y is a very good description of that blue.
    Very beautiful it is, too!
    Enjoy your week.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello! I just found your blog, I love that photo of the woods! And the yarn is gorgeous - what are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shawl looks great, though I know what you mean, sometimes blues and purples are just hard to photograph. Looks like you had a great day in the great outdoors. Taking a break to catch my breathe from mowing, trying to decide if I have enough umph to take on anything out there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh, love the tree picture Faith. Zingy is just the word to describe that fresh new green.

    The shawl looks wonderful - so soft.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are going to have a stunning shawl when you are done! As for those merry tree folk...Adorable. :)
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the closeness of the colors. I think the subtle changes will make it a lovely shawl!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the colours of your shawl, they look so calming and blend beautifully.
    We've had a few short weeks in a row with voting days and the bank holidays and I must say this week is beginning to feel very long!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think, and I won't be asking you to jump through hoops (or fill in a captcha) to do it.............