Sunday 25 September 2016

Small steps - kleine Schritte

This week feels like a satisfying week...not only one finished project, but two.... (I won't mention that one also started this week, so wasn't strictly an 'unfinished project')...am I on a roll do you think? 


 This first one, is Shifting Afghan by Grace Akhrem which I found in an edition of Interweave Knits.  It's a really effective pattern although really simple.


The yarn is Sirdar Escape which I bought three (?) years ago....see although it looks like I have a huge stash, it's just waiting for the perfect project to come along and the pattern on these mitered squares, sets off the range of colours brilliantly.

The next finish was Crafts from the Cwtch's Fittleworth cowl this was a really quick simple knit...so not strictly part of my huge bundle of projects I need to get to, but hey.....small Steps!  I made the cowl with a Rico Creative Micro dk which was beautifully coloured and has a great drape, plus it's so soft against your skin....my only complaint was that as it has such a high sheen, the ball just kept unravelling itself which was pretty frustrating.  The finished cowl is beautiful though, worth the yarn-niggles


So this week, I may have a look in the dreaded project bags....I also have half a Last Dance on the Beach blanket to do....hhhmmmmm.....I've also emailed a running group with the idea of joining, I'm a bit nervous as I don't know anyone there and I'm pretty slow....well I could think of lots of reasons not to go, which is probably why I should! And I have some German to catch up on too....it's going to be a busy week!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Welcome back. Do come around more often. Great, knitty progress, Faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your knitting looks wonderful, great job on the finishes!
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think, and I won't be asking you to jump through hoops (or fill in a captcha) to do it.............